Freelance Finance Director
Do you spend more time than you should managing the finance functions of your business?
Would you like better financial information every month - providing you with the data you need to make key business decisions?
Many growth businesses get to a stage where they need additional help managing the finances of their business. The information they have just isn't good enough to help them make important decisions, or they can't tell exactly how each area of their business is really performing. But employing a full time Finance Director is an expensive step for a business to take, and there may not be enough work to justify the expense.
So, more and more businesses are recognising the benefits of outsourcing this role to a freelance finance director. We offer a flexible bespoke service to our clients, providing high-level financial expertise that they don't already have in-house, and working with them for anything from one day a month upwards.
Examples of ways we can help are:
- Producing regular, timely, and accurate management accounts. These will show you how your business is performing; giving you the information you need to make the important decisions, and to control the business.
- Providing monthly or quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors. These will include an executive summary of the management accounts, key performance indicators, and relevant graphs. You may want us to attend Board Meetings or management team meetings to discuss and explain financial issues.
- Ensuring that you have an appropriate accounting system for the size and type of business. This will help you to ensure that you have all the information you require, and that your time and your staff’s time is being used efficiently.
- Supporting your book-keeping staff, so that they have someone to refer to when they have questions and problems. You will find that your accounts department runs more smoothly and that your staff’s ability is developed.
- Designing and implementing procedures to help your business run more efficiently and profitably.
In short, we aim to help you "do it better and do it quicker".
Finally, running a business can be lonely. Working with us will give you access to another "business brain" to bounce your ideas off, and whose knowledge and experience you can tap into. As well as looking at short to medium term issues with you, we can assist with long term planning, including exit strategies.
If you would like to find out more about how a Freelance Finance Director can help your business please CONTACT US to arrange a free, no obligation meeting.